HotelExecutive is seeking a well-seasoned Advertising Sales
person for our online business publication. This is contractual, and because we
are an online business the position is remote (telecommuting).
• Making contact with existing and new advertisers and
nurturing the business relationships.
• Identify and develop new advertising leads by utilizing
the web, social media, etc.
• Provide advertisers with information including media kits,
advertising promotions, and advertising performance statistics, etc.
• Review and approve advertising contracts, oversee ad and
collateral materials to meet assigned deadlines.
• Stay current with the hotel industry and keep abreast of
key advertisers by reading trade journals, and other sources.
• Develop creative and effective sales strategies, programs
and incentives to meet and exceed sales budget objectives, utilizing the web,
e-newsletters, industry events, and social media.
• Provide clear, concise and timely communications between
clients, and publisher.
• You step right in and take charge.
• You're a confident team player who knows how to close the
• You have a charm with cold-calling via email and
• You excel at strengthening relationships with current business
clients and finding ways to attract new clients.
• You have some knowledge of the hotel industry marketplace
and key players, vendors & suppliers.
• You have sound knowledge of the internet and utilizing
• You have experience with managing direct email campaigns,
and banner advertising. (familiarity with ad creatives and formats would be
• Experience with SEO and other social media marketing would be helpful.
• Minimum 3 years online magazine advertising sales
experience with excellent performance statistics to prove it.
• Home office with essential business equipment including
reliable phone, and internet access.
• Can commit at least 20 hours/week.
• Experience in online advertising sales. Monthly revenues
of $50k - $75k are obtainable to the right person.
• A college degree in Marketing or Business would be an
advantage, but not a requirement.
• You have excellent time management skills.
Commission on sales for the first 3 months (trial
period). Thereafter open to negotiation with a base & commission dependent
upon your performance.
This is a great opportunity to work with a highly regarded
and well-seasoned business publication with some of the best talent and leading
identities in the hotel industry, including hotel owners, hotel schools,
analysts, consultants, finance institutions, law firms, architects, designers,
technology providers, conferences, vendors and suppliers. The networking
opportunities are quite exceptional, and our company team are a long-term
professional and fun group of people to work with!
Please review each key attribute and requirement carefully
to ensure you are qualified.
To apply, please email your resume with cover letter to Anne Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org before
Wednesday February 12, 2020. No phone calls please.
Commission for first 3-month trial period. Thereafter open to negotiation with a base & commission dependent upon your performance.
HotelExecutive is the hotel industry’s leading online business resource for hotel owners and operators, including senior executives, directors, managers, investors and developers. Our website provides best-practice insights on hotel management and operations, as well as one of the largest news release distribution available to this market segment. HotelExecutive’s two main services are the Hotel Business Review and the Hotel Newswire. The Hotel Business Review is the premier industry read for hotel professionals. Since 1996 the Hotel Business Review has been providing original and exclusive time-sensitive content to our readers, documenting vital issues of concern to hotel owners and operators. Relying on the vast experience and expertise of our editorial board - over 500 of the most recognizable names in the industry - the Hotel Business Review publishes best-practices information directly from hotel professionals on the front lines of the industry. These reports are timely, relevant, authoritative and trustworthy. The Hotel Newswire, our proprietary news release distribution service, is the industry’s leading news resource with the largest registered readership available. It is circulated each business day and provides up-to-date information on hotel openings & acquisitions, executive appointments, business & finance, as well as the latest industry products and services. Visit http://www.hotelexecutive.com for more information.