Are you passionate about dental health and love working with kids? Do you enjoy educating patients about the best ways to care for their teeth even as you build a relationship of trust and friendship with them? If so, our Pediatric Dental Office seeks an experienced Dental Hygienist to provide excellent pediatric dental care and oral hygiene. The ideal candidate should have experience working with kids, be proficient in a busy pediatric dental office.. The ideal candidate should also be adept at Oral Hygiene Instruction, discussing in-office products with parents, and exhibit an inherent pleasant bubbly personality.
Some Job Duties Include:
- Set up treatment rooms for patients while adhering to the latest industry, office and OSHA procedures and protocols.
- Prepare patient by welcoming, seating, soothing and draping him or her upon entering the office, providing a welcoming air to what can be a distressing experience for some.
- Answer questions to give additional information to other employees and patients about oral health care.
- Maintain and clean all instruments after every patient, keeping tools sharp and sterile to limit patient discomfort.
- Clean stains and deposits from teeth and under gum margins according to rules of dental prophylaxis.
- Watch for disease by visually examining gums, probing for periodontal disease and screening for oral cancer.
- Aid dentist in managing medical and dental emergencies by completing and maintaining emergency number directory, CPR certification and emergency oxygen and drug supply.
- Document services by recording dental and medical histories and vital signs, keep charts in patient's records for future hygienists and dentists.
We welcome new dental hygiene graduates to interview!
Hours Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9-5 /////////// Saturdays 8-2:30
Hourly pay with retirement benefits after 12 months